Introducing The Steward’s Journey.
A Ministry of Freedom and Joy.
to equip and inspire God’s people to be free and joyful stewards of life
every Christian a faithful steward and every leader a steward leader
Christ came to free us from the bondage of sin and set us on a life-long journey to walk with Him as faithful stewards. That journey is marked by faith, trust, obedience and joy. It is a journey that takes us to new heights of loving God with all our heart, mind and strength, loving ourselves as His beloved and redeemed children, loving our neighbor as we love ourselves, and caring for creation as His commissioned caretakers. It is the good news of the coming of the kingdom of God and our invitation to walk the kingdom path.
Despite this good news and amazing invitation, we continue to choose to be owners instead of stewards, lords instead of servants. As a result, we place ourselves right back into the bondage from which Christ set us free. Given the choice for freedom we continue to choose to live as people in bondage.
We believe the global body of Christ is in desperate need of a renewed call to experience the freedom that is theirs in Jesus Christ. To know that freedom we must walk this journey together and let the Holy Spirit unlock the chains that bind us, that in our freedom the world might know the God in whose image we are made, the Son who lives in us, and the Spirit that shines through everything we say and do. We need the body of Christ to be set free to take the gospel to an enslaved and enslaving world.
The journey of the faithful steward is the path of discipleship, obedience, discovery, adventure, service, and joy. It is the way of freedom and the way of the cross. It is the journey of every follower of Jesus. It is on this journey that we experience deeper levels of surrender, increased intimacy with Christ, clearer identity, more robust faith and greater passion to serve. It is the path upon which we become the image bearers of Christ in our world.
Our driving motivation is to equip and inspire God’s people for this journey of the faithful steward.
This journey has implications for leadership. Despite nearly 100 years of study, research, education and training in leadership, we are facing a global leadership crisis. Followers of Christ who are called into positions of leadership are struggling to provide the leadership necessary to impact the world for Christ. This is happening in the church and para-church, and every sector of society and culture where Christians serve in leadership positions. In the face of this crisis, we believe God has provided us with a renewed understanding of leadership that can change the global face of how Christians lead.
The theology and practice of the steward leader is uniquely biblical and profoundly effective. We believe it has been developed for such a time as this. Its distinctiveness is found in its highly relational, comprehensive approach and its primary features of freedom, faithfulness, transformation, and joy. Simply put, steward leaders have been set free to steward the people they lead and the organizations they serve with an unprecedented degree of humility and excellence. For this reason, the steward leader is an integral part of the ministry and mission of The Steward’s Journey.
Three Areas of Work
Based on this need, the work of The Steward’s Journey will focus in three areas:
1. Educating God’s people with high quality resources
The Steward’s Journey producing resources so people can learn, live and love the journey of the faithful steward. These resources include books, bible studies, videos, devotionals, curriculum, pastoral helps, blogs, webinars, podcasts, and more.
2. Equipping God’s people through effective teaching and training
The Steward’s Journey uses these resources to teach, train and equip pastors and leaders globally to lead others to be faithful stewards with boldness and passion. Our definition of success is described in our vision – every Christian a faithful steward and every leader a steward leader.
3. Engaging God’s people through proclaiming God’s truth
The Steward’s Journey challenges our declining moral culture by calling God’s people to repent of our thirst for ownership and control and encounter the God that created them to be faithful stewards set free to follow Jesus in a radically counter-cultural way.
The Steward’s Journey is a non-profit ministry led by Dr. Scott Rodin and governed by a board of directors. It is supported by the prayers and financial gifts of people who believe in its mission.
Why People Partner With The Steward’s Journey
- To advance a shared passion for seeing people set free from the bondage of ownership to experience the joy of the faithful steward;
- To raise up a new generation of leaders who hold obedience and faithfulness as their driving definitions of success;
- To see marriages healed and families strengthened by viewing both through a steward’s lens;
- To equip new church leaders around the world to lead God’s people as faithful stewards;
- To engage in the spiritual battle against an enemy who has lied to us and put us in bondage to an owner’s mindset;
- To spread the gospel through the message of a generous God who so loved the world that He gave;
- To be a prophetic voice for repentance and freedom in a declining moral culture.
If you would like to partner with us on this journey you can:
- Subscribe to our blog below
- Like us on Facebook
- Let us know you will commit to pray for us regularly
- Support us financially
- Connect us with people with whom we can collaborate and partner
The Steward’s Journey is to learn this calling, live it out fully and love the life God created for us.
Join the journey today and become a member of the TSJ community. You’ll receive weekly inspiration and a free eBook, Three-Dimensional Discipleship!
Join the community!
Dr. R. Scott Rodin
International Writer and Speaker On:
- The Steward Leader
- The Journey of the Faithful Steward
- Three-Dimensional Discipleship
- Strategic Planning on Kingdom Values
- Raising Money as Kingdom Ministry
- Creation Care
Scott Rodin has a passion for helping Christian ministry leaders take a biblical approach to leadership development, strategic planning, board development and raising kingdom resources. Over the past thirty years he has worked with hundreds of organizations in the U.S., Canada, Middle East, Great Britain, China, India, the Philippines and Australia.
Dr. Rodin is president of The Steward’s Journey and Kingdom Life Publishing. He also runs Rodin Consulting, Inc. He is a Senior Fellow of the Association of Biblical Higher Education and is past board chair of ChinaSource and the Evangelical Environmental Network.
Dr. Rodin holds Master of Theology and Doctor of Philosophy degrees in Systematic Theology from the University of Aberdeen, Scotland.
His books include:
- The Seventh Key (Kingdom Life Publishing, 2015)
- Christ Centered Generosity (Kingdom Life Publishing, 2015)
- Development 101 (Kingdom Life Publishing, 2015)
- The Choice (ECFA Press, 2014)
- Three Dimensional Discipleship (Kingdom Life Publishing, 2013)
- The Million-Dollar Dime (Kingdom Life Publishing, 2012)
- The Third Conversion (Kingdom Life Publishing, 2011)
- The Steward Leader (InterVarsity Press, 2010)
- The Sower (ECFA, 2009)
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Christian Fundraising (KLP, 2007)
- Stewards in the Kingdom, (InterVarsity Press, 2000)
Dr. Rodin is married to Linda and they reside in Spokane, Washington.
Order books at: www.kingdomlifepublishing.com