The Steward Summit
March 19-21, 2019
Warm Beach Camp & Conference Center
The Steward Summit (formerly the Stewardship Summit) is a unique gathering of thought leaders who come together for the purpose of expressing and promoting biblical concepts of the faithful steward in service of the church and culture.
Founded in 2011 by Dr. John Frank, our current leadership and advisory team are working to make this year’s summit the most spiritually rigorous and refreshing summit to date. We are implementing a number of improvements to enhance your experience. Some of these changes include:
- Location – We selected Warm Beach Camp & Conference Center, near Seattle, Washington, for an all-inclusive retreat experience. The venue will afford you time for quiet reflection and Holy-Spirit directed meditation.
- Format – We are narrowing topics and co-presenting experts & panels to stretch your thinking and give you an opportunity for iron-sharpening-iron conversations.
- Collegial Relationships – This is an opportunity for many of us who are pouring our lives into steward theology to wrestle, challenge and prod each other to think and live well.
We will focus our conversations around the following four questions, and presenters will challenge us and lead us through deeper thinking on each question.
Topic #1 – Will We Stand? – Stewarding identity as leaders in an increasingly hostile culture. How steward leaders speak truth in the midst of division, anger and bitterness.
– Larry Gadbaugh, CEO of First Image Portland.
– Pastor Harvey Drake, Jr. Senior Pastor Emerald City Bible Fellowship and Founder of Seattle’s Urban Impact.
Topic #2 – Where has my Quiet Time Gone? – Stewarding intimacy with Christ in a frantic culture.
– Larry Andrews, CEO Partners International.
– Melinda Delahoyde, former CEO CareNet.
Topic #3 – Who Will Take the Baton? – Our role in mentoring a new generation of steward leaders.
– JJ Vancil, ED of Seattle Youth for Christ.
– Dr. Brian Simmons, Professor of Leadership Studies at Columbia International University.
Topic #4 – How Much is Enough? – Stewarding and raising resources in light of the 23rd Psalm and a culture of discontent.
– Kendra VanderMuelen, CEO of National Christian Foundation Seattle.
– Dr. Scott Rodin, President of The Steward‘s Journey.
In addition to great topics and presenters, EACH PARTICIPANT will engage in substantive dialogue in small working groups to discuss questions provided by presenters.
Our prayer is that you leave the Summit having gained:
- New, challenging insights into each of these four relevant issues
- Ideas and a plan on how best to respond as God leads in each area
- Closer ties with colleagues who share your passions and perspectives
- Encouragement from the camaraderie and fellowship of peers
- Personal refreshment and spiritual renewal